A mixed media canvas using digital elements from my Sweet Pea Summer digikit.
You will need:
A box canvas ( I used 12 x 9 ins.)
Computer paper, matt and glossy
Spray temporary adhesive ( Crafter's Companion)
Stencil (Imagination Crafts)
Smooth texture paste or B&Q Flexible Filler
Acrylic paints...lilac and pearl lilac
Purple Sparkle medium (Imagination Crafts)
Embellishments: I used, chipboard and wooden shapes (painted), skeleton leaf (painted), Dress It Up buttons with backs removed (painted), Sequin flowers, lacy bits, Stampendous Texture Flakes and Glass Glitter, flat-backed pearls.
1. I printed one of the papers from the kit on to paper and also on to tissue paper. Spray the paper with the adhesive and carefully lay the tissue paper over it. Print and then peel away the tissue. I also printed on of the toppers from the kit on to glossy photo paper.
2. Paint some of the canvas with the lilac paint and leave to dry.
3.Using the matt medium as an adhesive stick torn pieces of the patterned paper and tissue randomly on to the canvas. Go over on to the side of the canvas as well. Leave to dry.
4. Colour the texture paste with pearl lilac paint and press through the stencil. You can add more paint or glaze with other colours if you wish.
5. Use the stencil and the Sparkle Medium to pattern elsewhere on the canvas. Leave to dry.
6. Glue the topper on to the canvas and glue the pearl beading as illustrated.