Card 7 created using designs from the new Butterfly Duets Digikit
This butterfly has been printed on to acetate and then had crumpled kitchen foil glued to the back.
You will need a graphics programme such as Serif CraftArtist or My Craft Studio.
1. Import the plain turquoise backing paper and resize to approx 5.5 ins square. Import the emboossed
look paper and resize to fit just inside the turquoise paper.
2. Create the topper as follows: Import the dark blue paper and resize so it fits nicely in the centre of the
embossed paper. Import the tie-dye effect paper and resize so it fits just inside the blue paper.
3. Import the flower frame and resize so it fits inside the tie-dye paper. Import the plain butterfly and resize
so it fits inside the frame.
4. 'Deconstruct' the card and print the turquoise with the embossed pattern paper on to good quality paper.
5. Print all of the topper except the butterfly on to card.
6. Print the butterfly on to acetate. TIP: If your printed won't accept acetate,use double sided sticky tape
to fix the top to a sheet of paper and try.
7. Glue the turquoise paper with the embossed paper to a dark blue greetings card.. Glue the topper in the
middle of the card.
8. Stick the acetate butterfly on to double sided sticky paper. Crumple up some kitchen tin foil, flatten
again and stick the butterfly to it. This gives a nice texture behind the coloured butterfly. Attach the
butterfly body to the centre of the topper...add artificial flower stamens at this stage.