Friday 4 May 2012

Acetate, Glitter Spray and me!

I've been doing a lot of experimenting recently in preparation for the Port Sunlight Stamp Festival next week.
I like acetate and I'd already found the Brilliance ink stamps nicely on the rough side of acetate for inkjet printers. It dries well and the pearl shows throught the acetate.
I wondered whether the Crafter's Companion Glitter Sprays would dissolve the ink...it doesn't!
Here are some of the results...difficult to photograph unfortunately, they look a lot prettier in real life!





The butterflies are from the Butterfly Duet range and I used Brilliance Pearl Chocolate, Crimson Copper and Pearl Sand Beige. The outer butterflies were sprayed with the Gold Glitter Spray and the middle with the Irridescent Spray. (I have these sprays in stock, also Silver, but not on line yet...please e mail me if you are interested).





These designs are from the Heartistic Butterflies and Heartistic Geranium sets, sprayed with the Gold and Silver Sprays.


3 comments:

  1. Oh Caroline these are gorgeous! I'll have to have a play with this technique, its fab! I've got a tin of that spray and never really used it so thanks for the inspiration
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your experimenting has obviously paid dividends, Caroline! Lovely technique. Look forward to seeing you at Port Sunlight!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Caroline
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are greatly appreciated.