This month's Mixed Media Challenge is to use stamps.
This is my entry
You will need:
Small canvas....5 in.s x 7 ins.
Stamps from Sheena Douglass...Koi and Water Lillies from A Little Bit Oriental range
White Brilliance inkpad
Bronze Staz-On inkpad
Acrylic paints and brushes
Small shells or as used here paper clay shells
Matt and gloss varnish
1. Mark a half inch border around the edge of the canvas with pencil.
2. Paint black gesso inside the 'frame'.
3. Stamp the ripples with Bronze Staz-On ink and the fish with the White Brilliance ink.
4. Paint the fish with acrylic paints. Optional...you can mold some texture paste on the fish's body before
painting to make it stand out more. I used an orange stick to make the fish scales.I copied the colours
that were on the stamp set pack.
5. Apply texture paste to the frame area of the canvas and press the 'shells' into it.
6. Once dry, paint with black gesso.
7. Dry brush acrylic colour on to the frame...green for the main area and bronze on the shells.
8. Brush the whole canvas with matt varnish and then the fish, ripples and shells with gloss varnish. Or brush
just the inside of the frame with gloss varnish...couldn't decide which.